- Every Doctor, Every Setting
Every Doctor, Every Setting
The time is right to set a reform agenda in Australia that positions the mental health and wellbeing of the medical profession as a national priority. To support coordinated action, a national framework has been developed with the support of medical leaders in Australia.
A medical profession that works and studies in environments that support wellbeing and enable quality patient care.
Coordinated action to prevent mental ill-health and suicidal behaviour and support good mental health for all doctors and medical students.
The guiding principles:
- The wellbeing of the medical profession is a national priority, requiring a coordinated and resourced approach.
- Environments that value, develop and support the medical profession are conducive to good patient care.
- Targeting the structural and environmental risk factors impacting on the medical profession is an immediate priority.
- Medical professionals who experience mental ill-health and suicidal behaviour can and do provide quality patient care.
- Support from all key stakeholders is required to ensure implementation and evaluation of evidence-based interventions across settings.
- Improve training and work environments
- Recognise and respond to those needing support
- Improve response to doctors and medical students impacted
- Improve the culture of the profession to enable wellbeing
- Improve coordinated action and accountability